Art + Design to define YOU...and creative gifts too!


Welcome to my web + blog!

Thanks for visiting, please make yourself at home. Scroll down for my most recent blog post. Scroll over the catagories to see additional information and news. Let me know if I can assist you with something you see. Commissions + custom projects are always welcome. Come back and share my site with your family + friends.

My wish is that my work inspires you heart to smile ~ Darla

Monday, November 1, 2010

What a Spooktackular weekend!

Happy Post-Halloween!

I hope yours was "boo-tifull". It was most a perfect weekend here in Ohio.  
Crisp and clear days filled with an abundance of treats   

 The weekend began Friday downtown with my dear friend Pattie. 
 We sat up our show for "Final Friday" in her studio at the Pendleton Art Center. 

After delivering our "Pimp out your Pumpkin" for their contest we headed to the Art Museum for some creative girlfriend time. 
Shared a delightful lunch and toured the Thomas Gainsborough and the Modern Woman Until 01/02/11Rouchenburg
AND the Wedded Perfection: Two Centuries of Wedding Gowns Until 01/30/11 exhibits. 
Both truly amazing exhibits and a blissful way to "research".   

Some of the creative pumpkin's we saw...

Title: "Thanks, Mr. C".  Tom Bosley, Happy Days TV dad passed on October 19, 2010
after battling lung.  Pearl is the color for Lung Cancer.  Ironic that my dad is living with the same disease. 
I dedicate this pumpkin in honor of his courage.   

Patties Pumpkin theme "the volcano eruption in Iceland". 
Ah to be stranded in Paris...
 
The Reds new mascots

 
How Pumpkin pie is made...hilarious!

Tricker treaters eager to receive their goodies


Pieces with Pattie's beautiful sculpture 

Hanging of Wine Collection as a guest artist in Pattie Byron Studio's


  I want to thank Pattie for allowing me to be a guest artist in her studio.  If you are looking for amazing sculpture for yourself or as a gift I highly recommend her pieces! 

For more information go to http://www.pattiebyron.com

I hope your Halloween was warm and wonderful!

~ Darla


1 comment:

  1. Darla, i had a great time with you on Final Friday at Pendleton Art Center. i am looking forward to showing our holiday gift ideas during the Nov. Final Friday

    ReplyDelete