Art + Design to define YOU...and creative gifts too!


Welcome to my web + blog!

Thanks for visiting, please make yourself at home. Scroll down for my most recent blog post. Scroll over the catagories to see additional information and news. Let me know if I can assist you with something you see. Commissions + custom projects are always welcome. Come back and share my site with your family + friends.

My wish is that my work inspires you heart to smile ~ Darla

Sunday, February 20, 2011

And the winner is.....Honeysuckle Pink!


I see lots of Pink, rose, magenta, blush
and now Honeysuckle too! 

I had my "aha moment" a few days ago.  Since then I have been researching the Internet, my magazines, books etc. to get ideas to create some concept/design boards.  Every artist and designer needs inspiration, honestly it is a very rare moment when the stars are aliened and beautiful art/design just flows with out planning. 

So in my research to create concept boards around Spring trends and Mom's day and I found

Pink


http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/colors/pink-decorating-ideas

This powerful punch of color is everywhere! 


http://www.pantone.com/



If you know me well you would know I am not a pink girl. 
I rarely wear it, perhaps when I actually have lipstick on.  And the only place in my home that has PINK is in my daughters room.  


Pantone states “In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. 


pantone.com

I have to say this Pink trend is growing on me.  
I am ready for some uplifting spirits.  If this color chases away the winter blues then bring on the blush!  

I could even wear it (in small does) or even add a pink pillow in the family room too. 


This adorable pink rose pillow is perfect for a girly room with silver and white...ooh.


What are your thoughts on the color for 2011?  Please share...I would love to hear! 

Have a rosy day!~ Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment