Art + Design to define YOU...and creative gifts too!


Welcome to my web + blog!

Thanks for visiting, please make yourself at home. Scroll down for my most recent blog post. Scroll over the catagories to see additional information and news. Let me know if I can assist you with something you see. Commissions + custom projects are always welcome. Come back and share my site with your family + friends.

My wish is that my work inspires you heart to smile ~ Darla

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A glimse into my happy place

Hello there...Happy February! 

It is cold here...snowy, gray and challenging to find inspiration.  

So, I thought I would share with you a glimpse into my happy place. 

Today Jack Frost took a deep breath and blew HARD.  Much of the center of the country is under a weather storm.  
Here in SW Ohio we woke up to ice!  Yippee! 

I love the snow...ice not so much.  Beautiful to look at, not to drive or walk on.
So I thought I would share with you a piece I created for one of my classes.  I needed some inspiration and saw it propped on my filing cabinet in my office.  Sigh. 

 It was pretty easy to paint mostly because I love the water. 

Paint what you love... 


Seascape Acyclic painting on 9 x 12 Canvas board  See Classes Tab for Workshop details!  

In fact I am pretending to be there now.  Warm and sunny with a nice breeze.  The soft sand between my toes.  
This is one of my favorite happy places.  

Where is yours? 

I dream I am there walking with my husband as the kids chase our dog Wrigley.  A mid morning stroll.  Then I will go back to my studio ( that overlooks the water of course) and paint. 

A little slice of Heaven.  Hey a girl can dream....it doesn't have to be a big slice. 

Dreaming BIG today...I feel warmer already!

~ xoxo Darla

1 comment:

  1. this reminds me-- there is some very famous christmas song written during the summer. maybe it was "i'm dreaming of a white christmas" anyway, you did the reverse here!

    ReplyDelete