Art + Design to define YOU...and creative gifts too!


Welcome to my web + blog!

Thanks for visiting, please make yourself at home. Scroll down for my most recent blog post. Scroll over the catagories to see additional information and news. Let me know if I can assist you with something you see. Commissions + custom projects are always welcome. Come back and share my site with your family + friends.

My wish is that my work inspires you heart to smile ~ Darla

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Biggest Fans

My parents have been my biggest fans well forever.  Let's face it, without them we all wouldn't be here.  Mine have always supported me...ALWAYS. 

When I was little my mom almost convinced me to take art classes in the city.  I was shy then and afraid of my own shadow to go into the city by myself but she kept asking and supporting me.  When I was in high school and took every art class available, they bought my first portfolio, paint and brushes.  And when I went off to college to be a art major, they really supported me.  Not with tuition, but by always allowing me to find my way through my art.  They never really questioned my choices.  At least not while I was in the room!

Wow, now that I am a parent I hope I can be as patient and loving and supportive as they have been for me.  Thanks Mom and Dad, I love you more than the moon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment