Art + Design to define YOU...and creative gifts too!


Welcome to my web + blog!

Thanks for visiting, please make yourself at home. Scroll down for my most recent blog post. Scroll over the catagories to see additional information and news. Let me know if I can assist you with something you see. Commissions + custom projects are always welcome. Come back and share my site with your family + friends.

My wish is that my work inspires you heart to smile ~ Darla

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A little beach beauty complete

I wanted to share with you the selected piece Ms. Peg choose to be completed.  
She has been on my mind lots of late.  She is a wonderful soul. 

Close up of top of piece.  (Sorry I took image after it was under glass, Oops).  

She asked me to create this to bring her happiness in some trying times. 


Close up of bottom Right of piece.  Raised and mounted mixed medium. 

I truly hope it brings her joy.


Mixed medium photo art mounted and framed.  12" x 12"

I know creating this little beauty has brought me joy! 
I would love to know what brings you joy...please share. 

Have a wonderful week!  ~ Darla  

8 comments:

  1. Darla,
    My you have been at work! What a lovely blog. Your sweet spirit shines through! It is nice to meet you and I look forward to following your progress and projects!
    love & grace,
    ~jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy - so glad you came out to fly with us. Looking forward to seeing more of your creative side ;-) I'm following, in case you fly by: http://www.designsbylindar.blogspot.com/ or "like" my Fan/Biz page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Me-Myself-and-You/105043419547115

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my fellow flyers! I SO appreciate your kind words! I will come and follow you too. It is so great to apart of such a wonderful community of creative souls. I feel at home!

    Take care, Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Darla, you have such a lovely space here!! Very inspiring. :) This is soo gorgeous and i love your work! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darla, your art is so beautiful. Especially the photos speak to me, but the "rest" as well. I also like your blog a lot. I loved looking at your art portfolio - so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photograph and the accompanying text... it brings me joy!

    Your blog looks great - you're soaring!!!

    I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful art (and soon to be etsy shop)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the little hands in the MM piece are so sweet .. love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am humbled and grateful. I can't tell you all how much every comment means to me. I was feeling sort of alone here for a while. Now I feel apart of a wonderful community. Thanks for coming in! Talk soon, D

    ReplyDelete