Art + Design to define YOU...and creative gifts too!


Welcome to my web + blog!

Thanks for visiting, please make yourself at home. Scroll down for my most recent blog post. Scroll over the catagories to see additional information and news. Let me know if I can assist you with something you see. Commissions + custom projects are always welcome. Come back and share my site with your family + friends.

My wish is that my work inspires you heart to smile ~ Darla

Monday, August 30, 2010

Something borrowed, something blue

I love weddings!  Anniversaries and special birthdays too!  A fresh new chapter to celebrate.  I have been blessed to create custom wall art to capture a those very special moments.

So a client calls for to have a piece commissioned.  We set up a design consultation.  Typically they take 30-45 minutes.  The customer brings their invitation for inspiration.  We discuss options , size mediums.  Such as canvas, prints, framing and art panels, stationery, etc.  Colors are important, where it will go in the house, are we matching the invite or the recipients favorite colors?  And anything else special or meaningful to the recipient(s).   

There is so much to this design thing than most are aware of! 
Here is an example:        

A customer's invitation for a wedding 
  
The design created to capture their special day

A close up of the mounted art on a custom designed background. 
Details in the flower designs. 
Every custom is signed of course, because it is an original.  Just like them!

11 x 14 Framed mixed medium Custom on archival paper $95.00
The completed piece framed and ready for it's new home.  

Let me know if you have a special occasion coming up. 
I would be happy to create a treasured piece for you!

TTFN, Darla  

No comments:

Post a Comment